Missing lower control arm bolt? Help

Want your ride to handle on rails? Got questions on what brakes will work best for your set up? Need help choosing a good set of wheels?
KhaosGalant
Lurker
Lurker
Year/Make/Model: 2001 galant ES
Engine: V6 3.0

Missing lower control arm bolt? Help

Postby KhaosGalant » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Hey everyone so I bought my galant about a month and a half ago it had a creaking noise in the front right to middle of the car, upon having my car put on a lift at the local mechanic shop he fairly quickly noticed one of the big bolts that holds the control arm tight is completely missing the rest of the bolts are there but there is one big bolt on the front right lower control arm that's gone, the mechanic told me we would have to cut a hole in the frame to get a new bolt back in. I was curious is this true at all or is there another simpler way of doing this any help and advice would be appreciated thanks in advance, also he said my cradle bolts are stripped so there tightened up but not all the way my step dad is a machinist should I just have him rethread the bolts or are cradle bolts fairly easy to replace by myself, again any help is greatly appreciated :)

KhaosGalant
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Missing lower control arm bolt? Help

Postby KhaosGalant » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Also I do not have the original repair service manual so I can't refer to that unfortunately
KhaosGalant
Lurker
Lurker

Postby KhaosGalant » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Heres some pics of the left side so you will be able to clearly see what's all there so you will spot what's missing

Image [

OK now here is the right side with the missing bolt

So as you can see there is a whole about 2 inches from the bolt hole is it possible to get a new bolt into that hole and push it over into place?? I have
Last edited by KhaosGalant on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KhaosGalant
Lurker
Lurker

Postby KhaosGalant » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:48 pm

Photobucket servers are down so the images should show up later when they fix there servers

Return to “8G Galant - Suspension”