• An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Board index » 8th Generation Mitsubishi Galant [ 1999 - 2003 ] » 8G Galant - General Information

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ABS Lights and Sensor
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:52 pm 
Lurker
Lurker

This is the first post for me. The ABS and TCL lights on my 2000 GTZ suddenly came on. I took it to my local mechanic, who plugged in a reader to diagnose the codes for the lights.

The error read out for my GTZ for the ABS lights showed up that the left rear ABS speed sensor was bad. We replaced the sensor and tried to reset the lights, without any success.

I left the code reader connected and took the car for a test run to check if there was a speed reading for the left rear wheel. The reader showed that the left rear wheel had a reading, but the right rear wheel showed no reading at all.

Could there be a problem with the right rear sensor as well ? even though it did not throw an error ? Could this be the reason why the ABS lights are not resetting ? Has anyone had this same problem, and if so, what do i need to do to rectify it ?

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated

DD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:40 pm 
GF Admin
GF Admin

replace it see if it fixes it.

Post subject: ABS lights fixed
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:17 pm 
Lurker
Lurker

I checked the right rear sensor and found it broken, and replaced it and was able to get a speed reading on the wheel, and also reset the lights. So it looks like the right rear sensor was the bad one, although the code reader showed it up as the left rear sensor being damaged. Very strange indeed !!! I wonder why that is the case, could it be that the wiring was switched around from the factory ???

Board index » 8th Generation Mitsubishi Galant [ 1999 - 2003 ] » 8G Galant - General Information