• An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
  • An Image Slideshow
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Board index » 8th Generation Mitsubishi Galant [ 1999 - 2003 ] » 8G Galant - General Information

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:22 pm 
Lurker
Lurker

Year/Make/Model: 99 Mitsubishi galant
Hi! Noob here :) Thanks for the help! I've got a 99 Galant and it seem that nothing in the steering wheel works!
No cruise
No horn
And the SRS light is on in the dash (indicating something's wrong with the air bag).

I thought if I could find the problem with the horn, I would be able to find the solution to my other woes. There is no wiring digram in the chilton manual for the horn (I don't know why I waste my money on those manuals). Anyway, I've checked the fuses and the relay for the horn and all is well. Wired the horn right to the battery and the horn is functional. Checked the wiring (visually) through the steering column (even took the steering wheel off) and all looked well.

Is this a common problem? Of should I leave the keys in the ignition an pray someone goes for a joy ride?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:04 am 
GF Proven
GF Proven

Year/Make/Model: 1999 Mitsu Galant Super Saloon
Engine: 2.0 16v 4G63
Welcome to the board. Make your Galant ownership a pleasant one by downloading the shop manual that we have here. The fact that all three of these items that are not working are all on the steering column says that you should look in a place that they all interface. From the wiring diagram it looks like they all have something to do with connector C-77. C-77 is located in the junction block under your steering column (to the left side). These are the pages of the manual I suggest you refer to:

PDF 17-7: Auto Cruise Control
PDF 52B: Supplimental Restraint System SRS
PDF 90-87: Circuit Diagram (Horn)

It's a lot of reading but there's no way I can make it any simpler over the net. You just have to get down and dirty. Good luck.

Board index » 8th Generation Mitsubishi Galant [ 1999 - 2003 ] » 8G Galant - General Information